Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Inflammatory Carcinoma Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Or Inflammatory Breast Cancer?

Invasive Ductal Carcinoma or Inflammatory Breast Cancer? - inflammatory carcinoma

I'm curious .... My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer the first time () in 1994 diagnosed. There was a recent case in the family, which to me is your house Pathology Report Search - my mother was very open with us about your daughters diagnosis if I have permission to do so. I can not say whether the IDC or inflammatory breast cancer. A recently reported that it was an inflammatory breast cancer in 1994. I always thought it was IDC, but I was a teenager at the time, so it was not discussed with me very often. Note, however, that in 1996, said her breast cancer was difficult to see (or do not even look) on a mammogram, because the tumor was enclosed in a cyst (which was approved yesterday) - but I tumors are often associated with inflammatory breast cancer connected.
Then she said it was an inflammatory breast cancer, but the pathology report from the puncture in 1994, says IDC, with chronic inflammation and acute ER, PR +, Grade 3 Is there a possibility that disease compared needle biopsy of the problem might be? For example, perhaps they are not tests of polesctomy and changed the diagnosis of inflammatory breast cancer? This question has no effect on their treatment or something (as she is cancer free and) not in treatment, I'm just curious. I tend to believe that the inflammation may hear the word, thinking that it is an inflammatory breast cancer.

2 comments:

half_lif... said...

Treatment of IBC in 1994, has a terrible history. In fact, it is now much better. I think IDC is on the fact that it is still there. There are few people still around 15 years after the diagnosis of IBC. The most radical undergoing high-dose chemotherapy. Glad to hear that your mother was right!

edit - The research also shows Dr. Cristofanilli me wrong, research director of the clinical IBC at MD Anderson (Texas). Input into consideration --


Dr. Cristofanilli, here is the answer to the question of the IDC and the IPC:

IBC is a clinical diagnosis, which means that patients with all present
Properties that we know (redness, swelling, recognize, etc.) and
as such. In these patients, then a biopsy
dx pathological. Cancer cells may appear "Ductal
Type "or (more rarely)" lobular. "In short, the IPC
usually a type of IDC under the microscope ...

Patti Bradfield, President
Inflammatory breast canRF Foundation

www.eraseibc.com

-------------------------------------- ...

It could IBC is based strictly off of the pathology report. Hope this helps

Denny

hanora said...

I think you're right, the IDC-inflammatory, and there was some confusion about it. I doubt they have changed the diagnosis. You know do not talk much about the IPC-1994, and IDC is probably the most common form.

Post a Comment